When you hear the words ‘outdoor advertising’, does your mind automatically jump to billboards. This makes sense, given their size and frequency. However, don’t get pigeon holed. When it comes to displaying your business to passersby, you have a lot more options!
But why should you invest? Isn’t everything moving towards the digital anyway?
Think again. According to one Forbes article, in 2011 the average american spent almost 20 hours per week in transit, covering more than 200 miles in those seven days. While the vast majority passed and viewed multiple ads along the way, the aftermath is what’s most fascinating. For example the same study showed that, thanks to outdoor advertising:
- 38% visited a particular store while on their way home
- 24% said they were compelled to stopped off the same day
- 32% shopped with a retailer they saw earlier in the week
- 58% learned about an event they wished to attend
- 58% ate at a a restaurant they remembered from an ad
Types of Outdoor Advertising
Don’t let the number of options overwhelm you. Think of all these merely as tools in your arsenal to help you reel in foot traffic and turn a lucrative profit!
Apart from roadside billboards, here are some of the top places to promote your company outdoors according to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America:
- Bus shelters
- Phone Kiosks
- News Racks
- Subway Stations
- Taxis/Wrapped Vehicles
- Movie Theaters
- Arena & Stadiums
- Convenience Stores
- Health Clubs & Gyms
- Shopping Malls
With the kind of traffic these kinds of public establishments draw, you’d be doing your business a great disservice by not taking advantage of this 24-hours promotional landscape.
What are the best outdoor products to help me stand out?
Without a bit of help, it can be hard to know where to effectively budget your pennies. However, with a bit of elbow grease you can easily plan an advertising campaign to suit any budget. Here’s a short list of inexpensive options that are easy to install and proven to help you generate a substantial ROI:
- LED signs- Not only are they beautiful, they have lifespans of 10 years or more.
- Banner Stand Displays- Perfect for trade shows, stores, museums, and permanent displays.
- Eraseable signs- Change your menu options every morning or offer a daily deal.
- Changeable message signs- Portable, versatile, and able to withstand the elements.
Get additional traction and boost your sales by partnering these more traditional types with an equally colorful and branded display such as flutter flags or flying banner sails.
By using two or more types of outdoor advertising you help ensure you’re maximizing your return! The more consistently you promote your brand, the more you’ll be sure to stand out- long after folks have exited their cars and snuggled up on their couches.